Thursday, December 01, 2011

Judah Shopping and Homemade Dog Biscuits

We went shopping this week for Judah necessities. We got him a collar with a tag, a leash, a Kong ball, a "Crazy Critter" and a tennis ball.

I keep holding the little collar (UK blue of course) and staring at that little tag with his name and our phone number engraved on it. I like the little jingle sound it makes. I keep imagining his little head poking through  that collar and the little tag jingling while he walks. I am so exited about this puppy.




We've also been shopping for dog treats and found that we can make them for much less than we can buy them for at the pet store. I'm also fond of the idea of knowing what he's eating. (I always talk about being an organic mom someday and making my baby's food myself.) They can be made any size and shape so they can be made to fit into the Kong ball we got him. Here's a recipe that Reeve found online that we will probably end up using to make Christmas treats for all the dogs we know.



Homemade Dog Biscuits

Ingredients:
1/2 C Peanut Butter
1/4 C Honey
1 T Virgin Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
1 C Chicken Broth
1 C Rolled Oats
1 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 C All-Purpose Flour

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, honey, oil and chicken broth. In a separate bowl combine flours and oatmeal. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Place dough on floured surface. Roll and press dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Use a bone-shaped cookie cutter (or cookie cutter of your choice) to cut into shapes.  Bake on parchment paper for 14-16 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool.
(Taken from: http://acozykitchen.com/homemade-dog-treats/)


I'm going to keep looking for more recipes for dog treats. Perhaps I'll try these out on Matilda first to see if they are good. I'll post more recipes as I find them.

Only 2 more days till Judah comes...

1 comment:

  1. Matilda loves these! Thanks for sharing. By the way, Judah is the beautiful. His fur is so silky soft; I think he is a sweet boy who will give you all lots of puppy love for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete