Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Recipe: Doughnuts

I'm want to apologize in advance for this. I'm sorry. I'm sorry your someday jeans are just going to have to sit in the drawer a little longer, because today is a good day for a donut. Actually 8 donuts - and their corresponding holes.

Today's recipe is for the easiest homemade donuts you ever made. And I'm not really a donut person. I am aware that this is some kind of short-coming as I was born and raised in the state where Dunkin' Donuts had it's humble beginnings and can still be found on almost every corner. I'm pretty much a Dunks-or-nothing kind of person when it comes to donuts and I really only like the custard filled donuts and the jelly munchkins. I won't eat a Krispy Kreme. I just won't do it. I find them repulsive. But I really and truly liked the recipe I'm about to share with you.

You only really need two ingredients for these - plus whatever you like on your donut.

Ingredients:
Vegetable Oil
1 Can Biscuits (anything but the flaky layers)

Fill a pan with about a half inch to an inch of oil and heat on medium. Cut the center out of biscuits using a cookie cutter or shot glass.



Lower donuts into oil with tongs. Fry donuts and holes until golden brown, turning once.


Dry on a paper-towel-lined plate and then roll in cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar or coat with icing.



(are you salivating yet?)

I loved the little donut holes with cinnamon sugar. I ate all of them before Reeve even came home. But I left him the big ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment