Thursday, August 18, 2011

Baptism

At our church we keep the baptismal full at all times with the hope that when someone decides to be baptised we will be ready. Usually one of our youth brings her camera and takes pictures for the church website.

This Sunday the Lord prompted me to grab my camera before I left. I put it in Reeve's backpack and thought nothing of it. During second service I was playing piano when I saw Stephanie approach the stage and whisper in Briana's ear. Then Briana announced that we were going to have a baptism!

Brian climbed into the baptismal and asked if anyone had a camera. I leapt off my riser and off the stage and ran over to the baptismal where Reeve was waiting with my camera in hand (that's married team work for you!) I was able to snap these wonderful shots of one of His being baptised. What a blessing an impromptu baptism is! What a joy!

"...for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ." ~ Galatians 3:27






No comments:

Post a Comment