Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Diesel: The Imaginary Dog

When Reeve first started working on the new house he was accompanied by the landlord's dog, Isabell. Soon after he started telling me about another dog that kept showing up. He called the dog Diesel.

While the house was being restored I would visit it every few days, but I would never see Diesel. Reeve would always say "Diesel was here just a little while ago" or "Diesel must be sleeping under the truck."
I started to wonder when I would see this dog.

When we moved in we spent the whole weekend on the property cleaning and painting and moving things in. I still didn't see Diesel.

We lived in the house for a week. We came and went. Still no Diesel. I started to accuse Reeve of making him up. He became Diesel, the imaginary dog.

Then, two nights ago we were putting boxes on the front porch and lo and behold! There he was! Diesel!
What a sweet dog he is! I grabbed my camera and snapped a few photos of the imaginary dog and this one was just too good to keep to myself. 



No comments:

Post a Comment