Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fabric

Ever since discovering the blog "Made by Lex" (www.madebylex.com) on Piterest, fabric has taken on a whole new dimension. Every shirt has a voice, every piece of fabric the potential to be amazing. Now those scraps of fabric in my box that I thought would never have a purpose suddenly have life and meaning.

I've been refurnishing shoes, shirts, headbands and handbags and I'm loving it. Suddenly Goodwill holds so much possibility and now my creativity, not my wallet, defines my wardrobe.
It's a totally new feeling for me and I love it. I love being creative and using my talents to my benefit.

I'm going to a wedding next month and I don't have a winter dress but I do have a dress I can add beads and sleeves to. So I've been scouring the Internet for ideas and I'm suddenly seeing the potential I've had all along. It's a whole new feeling.

The thing I'm most thankful for is the creative spirit given to me by my creator. He is the author of creation and in Him and through Him all things exist. I'm thankful He made me in His image and gave me the ability to create. Thank you Lord. My life is a hallelujah.

"I'm so thankful that I'm incapable of doing any good on my own." -Caedman's Call.

Ps. Check out my ruffled shirt! I'll post a tutorial on it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment