Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pinterested...

I haven't blogged in a while so I thought I would share some of my resolutions. My biggest resolution is to pay off a large portion of our student loans. Another one is to blog more. Another is to read more of the #1 New York Times best sellers. And another is to craft more.

I know I have the ability and creativity to craft more but sometimes crafting needs a little nudge. This is where Pinterest comes in. I'm not a member yet (so if you are and want to send an invite to Samantha@theclutteredtable.com it would be very appreciated!) but I love the crafting community on Pinterest. I love the idea of using old affordable things to make new, attractive things. For example, turning a pair of old shoes into new by covering them in Mod Podge and sequins or glitter. (See my friend Kaitlyns photo which I took from her Facebook page below.) This works with my obsession with Goodwill as well and gives me a more fiscally responsible way of updating my very outdated wardrobe.

That being said, I'm going to spend less time on unproductive social networks and more time gleaning ideas on Pinterest. And I will use those ideas gleaned to help update my house and my wardrobe this year. I know I can buy sweaters and cardigans at Goodwill and add flowers, beads sequins and belts for a fraction of what I would pay at a department store. Or re-decorate my home with things I've made like new couch cushions or slip covers. And I'm also good with a sewing machine so things like that should be easy for me.

Last year I made a resolution to lose weight, and I did - twenty pounds in fact. So I know I can keep this years! Here's to keeping my resolutions and crafting more!

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment