Friday, September 16, 2011

Recipe: Cheater's Buffalo Wings

In honor of football season starting I think we should share some of our favorite "sports-season" recipes. I'm not really into football, but I'm looking forward to watching the University of Kentucky Wildcats play basketball soon. GO CATS!

 I LOVE buffalo wings. I could eat them all the time but I don't have the calories to spare on restaurant wings.  Applebees Bonless wings with blue cheese comes out to a whopping 1,724 calories with 132 grams of fat. (That's 44 weight watchers points - more than twice my daily allowance.)

This is my recipe for Cheaters' Boneless Buffalo Wings.These come out to 291 calories a serving and are so stinkin' tasty! They are almost identical to the real thing. I'm giving the recipe for bonless ones, but I suspect you can make them with bone-in wings too.


Cheaters' Boneless Buffalo Wings:

Ingredients:
2 Harvestland chicken breasts
2 Egg whites
1 packet Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch
1/2 C French Fried Onions
1/4 C Light blue cheese
2 Tablespoons hot sauce (optional)


Directions:
Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes
Beat egg whites in a bowl.
In a plastic bag crush french fried onions with spicy ranch seasoning.
Roll chicken in egg and toss into the seasoning bag and shake!
Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 for about 30 minutes until cooked through, but still moist. Roll in hot sauce and serve with light blue cheese if you so desire!
I LOVE these wings. I usually serve these with baked fries (Click here for our recipe) with honey mustard...I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

Enjoy!

Samantha

Serves 2
Calories per serving: 291, Fat 8 g
Weight Watchers Points: 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment