Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Recipe: "More or Less" Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free)



I've been making these peanut butter cookies since I was a teen. I don't know where I got the recipe, but I've always made them this way. They are a big hit at parties or just when we crave something sweet in the evening. They can be made in twenty minutes from ingredients we always have in our house. I used this recipe to snag my husband and it was practically in our wedding vows that we must keep the ingredients for these cookies handy so I can make them when we have surprise company.

These cookies are gluten free and dairy free (as long as you don't add chocolate chips.) I shared this recipe with a co-worker who couldn't eat gluten and she was a big fan - she made them more often than I did! The recipe is simple, one cup sugar, on cup peanut butter, and one egg. The reason they are called "More or Less" Peanut Butter Cookies is because they often require more or less of ingredients and more or less cooking time. Generally the recipe needs more sugar, but it isn't always a measurable amount and differs each time. Without furthur ado:

"More or Less" Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 C Peanut Butter
1 C Sugar
1/2 C Milk Chocolate Chips (optional)

Directions:

Mix together egg and sugar. Add peanut butter, stir until well blended. Add sugar by the tablespoon until dough can be rolled into balls in your palm without leaving your hands sticky. (Leaving your hands slightly oily is okay - sticky is not.) (Optional: add chocolate chips)

(Dough with my Aldi peanut butter and chocolate chips - I love Aldi)

Roll dough into 1.5-inch diameter balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.



Press with a fork.



Bake approximately 12 minutes at 350 F, turning the pan around after six.
Bake until the tops of the cookies are no longer shiny.



Remove from the pan IMMEDIATELY and place on a flat plate in a single layer.
This is VERY important.
Don't leave them on that pan unless you want them to stick to it.

Top with Hershey Kisses if you'd like and allow them to cool for
five minutes before serving. Tell everyone how hard
it was to make them and that it was your
great-great-great grandmother's recipe. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment